Friday, November 4 at 7:00 pm
Eleven of the funniest women in comedy will take The Wildish Theater stage (but not very far) for the 11th Annual NW Women’s Comedy Festival. This year’s event is hosted by Leigh Anne Jasheway and will feature the following fabulously funny comedians:
New to our stage:
- Becky Braunstein (top-5 finalist for Best Comedian in Portland);
- Jennifer Lanier (named one of the Funniest Lesbians in America by CURVE Magazine);
- Katie Nguyen an ensemble member at the Brody Theater, who also writes and performs sketch with the group Grey Matter);
- Joanie Quinn (worked on Hollywood sitcoms and now produces & performs in Portland);
- Julia Ramos (a Portland regular, who once did stand-up for the Drug Court Officials of Clark County);
- Revka (an up-and-coming Eugene comedian who moonlights from her day job as a nanny to talk to adults who may as well be children); and
- Jenna Zine (opened for Mike Lawrence, Creed Bratton from The Office, and was chosen as "A Comedian You Should Know" for the Earthquake Hurricane showcase.)
- Stacey Hallal (runs the All Jane Comedy Festival and has hosted such legends as Bob Saget and Dana Gould and featured for Norm MacDonald);
- Sharon Lacey (an internationally touring comedian, who has headlined for troops in Iraq and Kuwait);
- Beth Pinkerton (voted the Funniest Person in Eugene in 2015 and opened for Jen Kirkman); and
- Whitney Streed performs stand-up in festivals, bars and the occasional salmon derby. They have also been a part of Portland's Bridgetown Comedy Festival as a performer and, since 2013, a producer. They also host shows in Portland including the comedy game show "Rants Off/ Dance Off."
This event, which sold out last year, is the perfect girls’ night outing, date night, or just a great way to escape from your problems for a few hours and laugh until tears run down your legs!